JOB OPPORTUNITY: Assignment Editor, NBC Chicago
- 454 N.Columbus Dr., Chicago, ILLINOIS
- Business Segment: NBCUniversal Local
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
WMAQ-TV, NBC 5 Chicago has an opportunity for a News Assignment Editor responsible for handling a variety of News assignment desk operations. WMAQ-TV is an owned and operated television station of NBCUniversal in Chicago.
- Coordinate reporters, field photographers and other personnel covering assigned News stories.
- Set up and coordinate live remotes, News stories and series planning working closely with Producers and other News team members and management.
- Develop relationships and work with business partners from external News sources to gather reliable and factual information for News story content.
- Work with reporters and producers to develop News stories and story sidebars, as well as coordinate with other departments to complete stories and projects.
- Create and coordinate short-range planning to meet News department editorial goals.
- Monitor police and emergency scanners as well as electronic and printed sources for News.
- Field producing and/or conducting interviews as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related years of experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience working on a television News Assignment Desk
- Some previous work experience requiring organization and research skills.
- Must be able to work weekends
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered for this position
At NBC we love to have diversity at the workplace and encourage our employees to have a variety of skills. We would highly value if you are:
- Excellent knowledge of Chicago and suburban areas
- Ability to work contacts and sources to break stories
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and telephone skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong News judgment and excellent instincts regarding News content
- Ability to react quickly and aggressively in breaking News situations
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.