The NABJ Multimedia Short Course at North Carolina A&T State University is a four-day intensive journalism workshop which provides hands-on experience and practical guidance of what it takes to be successful multimedia journalists.
During the Short Course, students will produce a newscast, webcasts, podcasts, video slide shows and related social media sites. They will be instructed by experienced industry anchors/reporters, news directors, producers, videographers/editors, and NC A&T faculty.
Applicant must be:
- Must be a current NABJ member
- Must be a junior, senior, or graduate student
- Must major in journalism or a communications-related discipline
- Must have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Must be committed to participate for the entire program
TRANSPORTATION & LODGING INFO:
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the seminar.
- Housing will be provided for students who live more than 60 miles away from the campus
- Meals will be provided
Please provide the following documents ready to upload before beginning the application:
- Cover Letter
- A high-quality professional headshot with a white or black background
- A 200 word summary of your current experience and what you hope to learn
- Resume (one – page)
- Transcript (Scanned, low resolution PDF or JPG)
- Contact information for three references (Full name, title, phone number, and email)
- NABJ membership number
- Web links to your most-recent work samples
- Specify if you have web development experience and with what programs if you are applying for that particular slot