Asst. Dir. of Public Affairs: Art Institute of Chicago
The Art Institute of Chicago is seeking a professional that will be responsible for strategizing and implementing publicity and promotional plans for exhibitions and events at the museum. The Assistant Director will respond to media inquiries for images, interviews, and material and information about museum programming and permanent collection. Will also assist Director of Public Affairs in crisis management and long-term planning and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates and cultivates relationships with local, national, and international print, broadcast, and online media.
- Responds to media inquiries, including requests for images, further material on exhibitions, interviews with museum staff, and filming/photography requests.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and executes ideas to support long-term museum objectives through public relations.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to drive efficiencies via departmental and institutional processes and collaborations.
- Researches and writes press releases, media advisories, and collateral promotional copy as necessary.
- Works with director of department and Imaging department to procure all visual materials released by museum for promotional purposes.
- With director, coordinates and supervises all film and photography crews in museum.
- Maintains press lists and disseminates information via press lists.
- Assists director in planning and executing events.
- Supervises work of interns and volunteers in Department of Public Affairs.
- Responsible for preparation of long-term calendar and press kit materials.
B.A. in humanities; Art history background preferred; 2–4 years PR experience required. Demonstrated writing skills. Ability to edit and proofread. Ability to work on tight deadlines. Availability for occasional early morning and late evening activities.
Application Time Out Warning
The Art Institute of Chicago requires all applicants to complete an online application to be considered for employment. 60 minutes are allotted for applicants to complete the employment application. The application will automatically time out after 60 minutes. If you are unable to submit the completed application at this time, please choose the “Save for Later” option to avoid losing the information you have entered so far.
The Art Institute of Chicago is an equal opportunity, equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.