On-Air Personality: WLIT-FM/93.9 MYfm (Full-Time)
Published on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 12:12
On-Air Personality – WLIT-FM/93.9 MYfm (Full-Time)
Chicago’s new 93.9 MY-FM is in pursuit of the next superstar on-air personality! We are in search of a live and local personality programmed directly and effectively with today’s 35-44 year-old female. If this is you, then we want you on Chicago’s 93.9 MY-FM.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, Inc., the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws.
- Adequate preparation for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
- Personality must be upbeat, informative and entertaining and be able to relate to station audience.
- Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
- Must be current with relevant daily material.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
- Maintain a website personality page. Must be kept up-to-date with relevant material that is appropriate for the given station.
- Search out and share all possible web content with the Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
- Participate in regular listening/air check sessions for critique with the Program Director.
- Participate in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Make regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events.
- Execute only Program Director approved interviews and events on air during the regularly assigned shift.
- Be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
- Assist with the voice over and production of paid, and non-paid, spots required to run on the station.
- Be an ambassador for the radio station when out in public. Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
- At least, three (3) years of on-air radio experience required, excellent verbal and communication skills, outstanding ability to relate and communicate with target audience, positive attitude both on and off the air.
- Strongly versed and documentable experience in social networking and blogging.
- Familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools or similar systems.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
- Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, be well-read, punctual, and be a team player with a cooperative attitude.
- Applicant must provide engaging and compelling on-air content.
Apply online at this link HERE.
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.