NABJ to Hosts Second Annual #NABJHBCYou Training Day Feb. 25
The National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) is proud to host the Second Annual NABJ HBCYou Training Day on Feb. 25, 2023. The NABJ HBCYou Training Day is the largest annual outreach program for the NABJ HBCU Initiative.
This event is open to students at all colleges and universities, not just HBCUs. The initiative also is designed to encourage alumni of HBCUs to give back by establishing or reinvigorating NABJ chapters at HBCUs across the country.
The 2023 NABJ HBCYou Training Day offers a daylong, virtual event where students can find jobs and internships during a career fair and connect with media professionals to get training in journalism and communications.
- Bally’s Jobs Behind the Camera
- Spectrum News: The Art of Storytelling
- Producing 101: Getting Your Foot in the Door
- Art of Sports Reporting
- Writing for Digital and Print
- NEXSTAR’s Writing for Broadcast
- How to Earn a Scholarship
- Digital Game: How to Thrive Covering Sports in an Age of Instant Communication
- Power Up Lunch with DeMarco Morgan
- Building a Rundown
- Spectrum News: Peer-to-Peer Session
- Rundown critique
- Get in Writing: Handling Breaking News
- Open Locker Room: Creating a Healthy Environment for Women to Thrive in Sports
- Breaking News Producing
- Communications and Media Relations
- How to Secure a Sports Internship
(Total includes a $3.00 administrative fee)
Registration Deadline: Feb.17, 2023
- NABJ Members – $10.00
- Nonmembers – $20.00
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.