#NABJNAH22 Know Before You Go: Convention Tips and Information
With #NABJNAHJ22 just days away, there is so much you need to know as you prepare for the Convention experience. Check out these quick tips below to get a jump start on navigating the convention environment.
Convention Badge Pick-Up and Registration Information
Location: Julius Ballroom in the Caesars Palace Conference Center
- Tuesday, Aug. 2: 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM – EXHIBITORS ONLY
- Wednesday, Aug. 3: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday, Aug. 4: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Friday, Aug. 5: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Saturday, Aug. 6: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hotel Check-In (For Attendees Who Have Reserved Rooms at Caesars)
- Check-in starts at 4 PM local time. Check-out is at 11 AM.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- If a guest arrives early and would like to check in prior to 3 PM, then early check-in fees may apply. Any departures after 11 AM are subject to the full day charge.
- Self Parking and Valet Parking are available and range from approximately $15-36 per day.
- Complimentary parking is available for Caesars Rewards members. See concierge for details and learn more by choosing “Caesars” in the drop-down at this link.
Where to Find Masks at Convention
- Be sure to visit the Health & Wellness Lounge | Powered by AIDS Healthcare Foundation to receive your free mask featuring the convention logo.
- Convention volunteers will also have masks available for attendees. Masks will be available in various areas, including the registration area. Feel free to bring your own masks to ensure you are protected and comfortable.
- Wear your mask at all times within our convention.
- Look out for sanitizing options! Remember to wash your hands often! Social distance whenever possible or asked!
Nearby: Medical Clinics, Hospitals, Pharmacies
The following list is for information purposes only. NABJ-NAHJ and Caesars Entertainment do not endorse any establishment or guarantee quality of care. Please call the establishment to verify hours and services.
Healthcare Partners-Medical Group (Approx. 2.5 miles from Caesars)
4880 S. Wynn Road
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center (Approx. 3.4 miles from Caesars)
3186 S. Maryland Pkwy.
Desert Springs Hospital (Approx. 2.8 miles from Caesars)
2075 E. Flamingo Road
University Medical Center (Approx. 4.9 miles from Caesars)
1800 W. Charleston Blvd.
Valley Hospital (Approx. 4.8 miles from Caesars)
620 Shadow Lane
Walgreens (Approx. 1 mile from Caesars)
3765 Las Vegas Blvd. South
702-739-9645 (across from the Monte Carlo) Store open 24 hours; Pharmacy: 8 AM – 10 PM
CVS (Approx. .8 miles from Caesars)
3758 Las Vegas Blvd. South
702-262-9028 (Near City Center)
Store open 24 hours
Pharmacy M-F: 8 AM -10 PM, Sat. 9 AM – 6 PM, Sun. 10 AM – 10 PM
Walgreens (Approx. .4 miles from Caesars)
3339 Las Vegas Blvd. South
702-369-8166 (Next to the Venetian)
Store open 24 hours.
Caesars’ Emergency Procedures
- Caesars has Emergency Medical Technicians on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- “5911” can be called from any house phone to reach Security’s Emergency Line.
- If “911” is called directly from a cell phone, EMS will dispatch a response from both the Clark County Fire Department and MedWest Ambulance Service. They will then contact Caesars Security Dispatch, and EMT will be immediately dispatched.
- In the event of an emergency in the hotel, an audible alarm and strobes will initially alert guests. An automated announcement will further advise guests. If the source of the alarm is confirmed as a legitimate emergency (smoke/fire/other), the automated announcement will switch to an announcement to please proceed to the nearest fire exit for evacuation. The evacuation map can be found here.
- Security and Hotel Staff will assist with evacuation to the closest designated staging area. Clark County Fire Dept./EMS responders will be brought in to the nearest access point to the alarm.
Local Members’ Tips About Las Vegas
- Fry Days Fish and Wings – 855 E Twain Ave #107, Las Vegas, NV 89169
- Lo Lo’s Chicken and Waffles – 325 Hughes Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89169
- Annie’s Kitchen – 1212 D St, Las Vegas, NV 89106 (Black-owned)
- Mario’s – 1960 N M.L.K. Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89106 (Black-owned)
Affordable Places for Adult Beverages:
- Blue Martini – Town Square – South on Las Vegas Blvd (Local members say it has the best happy hour in Las Vegas)
- The Golden Tiki in Chinatown – 3939 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89102 (Local members give it a thumbs up.)
- Cork and Thorn – 70 W Imperial Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89102 (Local members enjoy the DJ, good vibes, good drinks, and diversity.)
- The Olive Mediterranean – 3850 E Sunset Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89120 (Local members recommend the live R&B and Reggae bands.)
- Also check out offerings in Summerlin or Green Valley, located southeast of The Strip.
Cost-Effective Fun and Precautions:
- Free drinks are offered at slot machines in most hotels. If you choose to gamble do so responsibly. Always verify that drinks are free before partaking. (Be nice and tip the wait staff!)
- Save money on evening outings by looking out for specials such as free ladies’ nights or group discounts at nightclubs.
- Never leave your credit or debit card with the bartender. For security purposes, always pay cash. Otherwise, you may get your tab back and see strange fees along with drinks you didn’t order. Be watchful.
- Vegas is considered relatively safe even when walking at night in high-traffic, well-lit areas. Still, be aware and be smart.
- Don’t invite people to your room if you don’t know them. Safety first.
- Watch your purse or wallet when you gamble or anywhere you go in crowded spaces. Thieves will work in pairs to distract you.
- Always use a legit Uber or Lyft. Be careful of people with stickers/signage on their windows that ask you where you want to go for $40. (It’s a risk!)
- Downtown Las Vegas and the Arts District have fun offerings and a variety of food and drink options for everyone’s budget.
- Registration, Convention Badges & Ticket Pickup (Salute to Excellence, Hall of Fame, Gospel Brunch) located in Julius Ballroom 7-8.
- Purchase tickets in Julius Ballroom 7-8 from 8 – 11 a.m. for Salute to Excellence, Hall of Fame and Gospel Brunch (Wednesday through Saturday ONLY).
- TICKETS FOR EVENTS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR!
- Onsite election voting for NABJ members is available near the Registration Desk in Julius Ballroom 7-8.
- Onsite voting schedule
- Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 4, 2022, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 5, 2022, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
CAREER FAIR & EXHIBIT HALL
LOCATION: Julius Ballroom 12
Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 4, 2022
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 5, 2022
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Navigating Your Experience
First-come, first-served! Arrive at sessions and events early! Once the workshop and session rooms reach capacity, you won’t be able to enter.
Be prepared to walk! The hotel is very spacious, with multiple levels and towers. So, be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
Save time and follow the signs! It will be critical to follow all directional signage to ensure you arrive at your selected session on time and can find your way around the hotel.
Get to know the hotel and conference center! Before you arrive, check out Caesars’ map app. Be sure to use it to navigate your Caesars Palace experience. The map will also guide you on how to find ATMs, restrooms, dining and more. Click the image on the right to see the conference area map.
Las Vegas isn’t just for high rollers! There are plenty of free attractions around town!
- Take a stroll through the Forum Shops located in Caesars Palace.
- Snap a picture in front of the iconic Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign that marks the beginning of the Las Vegas strip.
- Visit the 24/7 Aquarium at Silverton Hotel, which features 160 species of fish from around the world plus mermaids.
- Tour the Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens to view a 14,000-square-foot indoor floral art show.
- See the iconic Fountains of the Bellagio aquatic show daily from 3-8 p.m.
- Check out The Arts Factory, where you can go to see a wide variety of art at no cost from a collection of individual artists, galleries and shops.
- Journey through Downtown Las Vegas for the Fremont Street Experience, where you can see bands and DJs perform for free and take in an epic light show on the world’s largest video screen, Viva Vision.