NewsNation seeks an experienced Assignment Editor to work on the network’s national desk based in Chicago. The ideal candidate has excellent news judgment, is a clear communicator, natural collaborator, and is also a solution-oriented problem solver. The Assignment Editor is a central part of confirming and relaying key editorial information, supporting field teams: correspondents, producers, and photojournalists, and coordinating with show teams: executive producers, senior producers, segment producers, writers, digital reporters and editors to ensure coverage, which is accurate, compelling, and nuanced.
• Identify news of interest to a national audience
• Generate story ideas and conduct research
• Conduct outreach to sources to confirm key information, and update editorial files
• Liaise with Feed Room to ensure recording and ingesting of material
• Utilize various file sharing platforms to gather and distribute video and other elements
• Coordinate coverage of news stories: news of day, breaking news, enterprise stories with correspondents, producers and photojournalists
• Work with 195 Nexstar-owned T.V. stations to harness additional reporting resources and story elements and to provide News Nation content to stations
• The candidate should have an undergraduate college degree in communications, journalism or related field
• Three to five years of newsroom experience is a must.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.