05 04. 2022
News Radio Digital Content Producer
Chicago’s all-news station, WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9 FM, is seeking a talented digital journalist with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This person works with a team to grow our audience across all platforms, from the mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now is extending its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
- Develop story ideas, report, research and write articles
- Respond to breaking news and actively monitor sources of breaking news (Dataminr, social media, AP, internal communications, broadcast, etc.)
- Collaborate with broadcast staff to advance and tailor stories and other content for digital
- Publish articles, audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms
- Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the website, apps, and social media
- Ensure all articles comply with AP style and are SEO-friendly
- Ensure stories have appropriate elements (photo, audio, video, social embeds)
- Post to social media accounts, compose push notifications and newsletters
- Use real-time data in Google Analytics and Chartbeat to drive editorial/story decisions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years journalism experience
- Outstanding news judgment, and strong reporting, writing and editing skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure independently or in a team environment
- Experience with content management/online publishing systems
- Ability to edit other writers’ work for clarity and accuracy
- Command of best practices on all social media platforms
- Understands web and social analytics and how to interpret data
- Thorough knowledge of the political and cultural landscapes of Chicago and its surrounding areas
- Availability on weekends, holidays and evenings will be required for some positions
Candidates can apply here.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.