CW26 is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Videographer/Video Editor to add to our Local Programming Team. A visual storyteller who can combine video and sound to effectively drive home a story. The right candidate is an innovative videographer with an expert understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, and has a strong passion for shooting and editing long formatted packages. We are looking for someone who relishes feedback, and wants to grow and tackle new challenges.
- Experience with DSLR cameras, drones and iPhone video preferred.
- Knowledge of lighting techniques for live shots and interviews.
- Work daily as a storyteller collaborating with reporters and producers to execute creative concept for story.
- Open to learning how to write copy, captions or headlines to contribute to our digital platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Premier non-linear editing is preferred.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for job, if not currently employed by Weigel Broadcasting Co.
- Five years of experience as a photographer and editor, preferably in a top 20 market.
- Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable
- Strong non-linear editing background, including Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & After Effects) is a plus
- Valid Illinois drivers license
- Drone ENG experience with FAA Part 107 certification a plus
- Strong computer skills
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Physical ability to carry and manipulate at least 30lbs of gear, set up and breakdown broadcast production equipment, whether alone or as part of a team, and on tight deadlines.
- Capable of driving company vehicles in all conditions and on potentially long (3 to 4 hour) drives to and from assignments.
- Flexibility regarding assigned work schedule, including the potential of regular shifts that involve weekends and/or late nights and/or overnights.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance package
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- HSA Plans
- 401k with Company Match
- Vacation/PTO/Sick/Paid Holidays
- Paid Qualified-FMLA Leave
- Tax-free Transit
- Discounted Parking Access
- Gym Membership Discount
- Convenient access to highways and public transportation
- One block from the aptly named Restaurant Row
Candidates can apply here.