Social Media Producer
WTTW News (Chicago Tonight) is seeking a Social Media Producer to increase audience through strategic development of content for social platforms and push/pull distribution vehicles (e.g., email). This person will work with editorial, marketing, and digital colleagues to innovate and expand our reach.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to grow awareness of and engagement with WTTW News content on social and digital platforms.
- Create fresh, platform-specific social content — including video, GIFs, graphics, and text — that supports the editorial work and strategic objectives of WTTW; identify newsworthy trends and generate related content ideas.
- Report on live events on designated social platforms. Cultivate strategic relationships and work closely with key media influencers and partners to cross-promote social and digital content.
- Develop, document, and share analytics reporting, and create system for tracking and cataloging placements; continuously analyze social content performance and make recommendations for platform and content adjustments/innovations.
- Follow, develop, and share best practices with producers, correspondents, and reporters for editorial use of social media platforms to engage, inform and compel our digital audience, with the goal of increasing social audience and engagement and digital traffic.
- Perform other web production and website management duties, as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and share social media guidelines for editorial content.
- Experience managing and creating content for news or branded social media accounts
- Work experience with a news organization is beneficial but not required.
- Working to expert knowledge of key platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Experience analyzing data collected from tools (e.g., Sprout Social and CrowdTangle)
- Experience using videos, photos and graphics on various social media platforms
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Excellent writing/editing/fact checking skills
- Tactical understanding of social media and emerging platforms
- Knowledge of photo editing and video editing software
- Ability to work independently, proactively, persistently and in a fast-paced manner
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate with content creators working across media (broadcast, digital, live, etc.) to pitch cross-platform content
Candidates can apply here.