News Reporter (Remote)
Built In, a platform dedicated to connecting the world through a shared passion for tech and the human need for purpose, is looking for a news reporter.
ABOUT THE JOB
Built In is expanding our team of reporters to write news for a sophisticated, national audience in the tech sector and beyond. News reporters are responsible for writing two-plus short to medium-length (300 to 500 words) news stories covering the communities tech professionals live and work in each day, in addition to occasional coverage on trends and broad topics playing out in the technology industry, and contributions to other news editorial projects as needed. This person will need to be skilled in research, interviewing and writing clean journalistic copy. Additionally, this person should be endlessly curious about tech innovations and what they say about the future. They should also have an interest in cultivating relationships with sources and owning a coverage area, or beat.
Who You Are
- Skilled in researching and interviewing, and someone who won’t hesitate to ask questions.
- Full of ideas and excitement for writing about tech industry news, whether it’s announcing a nascent startup’s latest funding, unpacking the impact of a founder’s trending tweet or translating what a SaaS startup says it does into accessible, human speak.
- Can think both holistically and analytically about your work.
- Hungry to use analytics to inform decision-making, including story selection and angle.
- Has a level of familiarity and/or curiosity with the tech and business beats and daily news cycles.
What You Need
- At least one year of writing and reporting experience, in a full-time capacity or other daily news environment. Editing experience is a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (please include two or three writing samples when applying).
- Strong news judgment.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Interest in social media to enhance reporting and distribute stories.
Candidates can apply here.
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM