23 11. 2021
News Radio Assistant Producer (Part-Time)
Audacy Chicago is seeking a part time assistant producer for WBBM-AM.
- Primary duty is taking and editing audio from multiple sources including reporters, weather feeds and network audio feeds.
- AP’s will place phone calls to check on news stories, to use internet and other sources to follow up or gain insight for use in reporting news stories.
- Additionally, answer telephones in a polite and helpful fashion.
- Recognize the urgency of telephone calls (immediate, routine, can wait).
- Answer listener questions, which may require determination and ingenuity.
- Screen calls from public relations firms, take messages for reporters.
- Refer complaints to management; take in detailed news tips and forward immediately to the desk.
- Call back people you have offered to help.
- Perform work on very short deadlines with attention to detail.
- Prioritize high volume of work, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A college degree, with a concentration in broadcast journalism is preferred.
- Hands-on internships or experience at a college radio station is required.
- Must be familiar with digital audio editing techniques.
- Must follow news on a regular basis, have a working knowledge of the basic facts of topical news stories and demonstrate ‘news judgement’.
- Assistant producers must be familiar with digital audio editing techniques.
- Must be familiar with basic technical standards including level noise and clarity of sound.
- Must be able to write clearly and juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Assistant producers take much of their direction from the editor on the desk, who helps determine priorities for audio to be used on the air.
- Assistant producers work closely with editors, writers, reporters and anchors.
- When answering the phone, assistant producers represent the radio station to listeners and callers, and a must project a professional and unhurried image to callers.
Candidates can apply here.