Morning Weekend News Producer
ABC 7 Chicago’s #1 news is seeking an energetic, creative producer for our weekend morning newscasts. We want a news producer who recognizes what viewers want to see on multiple platforms and has a great understanding of all social platforms. We absolutely must have a creative producer who can showcase content in new & inventive ways. This person must be a solid writer who can cut through the police speak & jargon to put together clear & concise copy for air & digital.
- Crafting a fast paced, visually compelling show
- Booking guests and creating relevant feature segments that will be of interest to weekend morning news viewers.
- Communicate with reporters about the focus and format of their stories.
- Creating some graphics and editing video at their desktop.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Journalism, Media, Film, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of medium to large market producing experience
- Rock solid news judgment and aggressive pursuit of breaking news
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate consistent use of social media in all parts of newscast creation from
- story selection to on-air presentation.
- Must be able to work overnight hours, holidays & weekends
Must be able to work under deadline pressure
**This is a NABET represented position.
Candidates should upload a cover letter and resume at
Requisition ID # 790495BR
No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Reporting Location – Chicago, IL