The Chicago Sun-Times: Audience Engagement Specialist
Position: Audience Engagement Specialist
The Chicago Sun-Times is the hardest-working paper in America, covering the stories and issues that matter most to Chicago’s working women and men with depth, integrity and grit. Winner of eight Pulitzer Prizes, the Sun-Times features hard-hitting investigative reporting, in-depth political coverage, insightful sports analysis, entertainment reviews and cultural commentary, both in print and online.
The Chicago Sun-Times is seeking an audience engagement specialist who can help us continue to grow our number of digital subscribers and make sure our news organization’s award-winning content gets viewed by as many people as possible online. This is a multifaceted position in which the ideal candidate will have sound writing, editing and video editing skills, as well as knowledge of social-media planning and newsletter strategy.
This position reports to the Director of Audience Engagement & Special Projects.
• Curate home and section pages of the Sun-Times website to showcase the most relevant, timely and popular content
• Edit and publish stories following the best practices of SEO, storytelling and audience engagement
• Identify trending and breaking news — and write or aggregate stories that build audience based on those trends
• Recognize distinct news audiences and optimize content across multiple platforms
• Manage Sun-Times social media, optimizing for sharing and engagement
• Create multimedia content to enhance daily news coverage (i.e. video, graphics, text images, live streams, slideshows, social media embeds) and breaking news alerts