WLS-TV is seeking an experienced, hands on Multi-Platform Editor who can edit and create innovative material for all our platforms as well as serve as a fill-in media supervisor.
The candidate will support our multi-platform newsroom with a strong emphasis on content editing and creation. Specific responsibilities include accurate, fast and efficient non-linear news editing; supervising and assigning news editors; managing different media formats; managing media deadlines for multiple newscasts. This individual will work closely with editors, news producers, executive producers and management to ensure the timely and accurate production of newscasts, special reports, special segments and digital content. Good communication skills are imperative.
– Qualified applicants will have significant experience in modern news production techniques including Adobe Premier non-linear edit systems, media asset management (MAM), production automation systems and network/IP- based media systems.
– Candidates must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, and be proficient verbal and written communicators.
– Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools and procedures to address short and long-term challenges.
– Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
– A minimum of 5 years’ experience with news production.
– Proficiency in Windows and Mac operating systems, file transcoding and transfer
mechanisms, Adobe product line.
- A college degree or equivalent is required
- Additional Information
- WLS-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts
such as weekends/holidays, and be willing to work extra hours as needed.
- To apply, please log on to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID #746020BR
- No phone calls please.
- Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.