NewsNation Segment Producer
The NewsNation Segment Producer is responsible for contributing story ideas, compiling elements, and crafting stories and segments on a variety of topics ranging from domestic to international news. The Segment Producer works with the Executive Producer, Senior Producer, Line Producer to help accurately and truthfully relay stories and make them part of engaging and insightful broadcasts. This position is based in Chicago.
- Research topics using the Internet, video archives, and other information sources
- Select strongest possible elements to help best tell stories
- Write clear, compelling and strong editorial copy
- Assist in preparing and executing live, compelling television newscasts.
- Keep Executive Producer and Senior Producer apprised of developments of stories
- 3-5 years’ experience in national or major-market news
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in journalism or related field
- Ability to create dynamic graphic and video elements
- Must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people
- Interact well with on-air talent, news managers, videographers, production, digital and engineering staff
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills