07 06. 2022
Chicago Business Journal is looking for a top-notch reporter to cover economic development/commercial real estate and innovation/entrepreneurship.
- Report and write short-form and long-form stories.
- Own the beat, dictating day-to-day coverage and thriving on digging out source-driven exclusives.
- Relentlessly develop sources and manage relationships with high-level executives and other community leaders.
- Engage in events hosted by Chicago Business Journal, bringing together leaders of the local business community.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Desire and ability to break news and to identify newsworthy events and sources.
- Strong analytical and investigative-interviewing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to relate comfortably to a wide range of people — virtually, via phone and in-person.
- A clear drive to develop sources and build audience.
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure.
- Ability to leverage relationships with sources to deliver content that differentiates Chicago Business Journal.
- Multimedia skills — including video, photos, broadcast, on-camera — helpful.