CW26 is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Associate Producer with a passion for storytelling. The Associate Producer is an organizational wizard responsible for assisting in creating studio and field programs as well as made-for-digital video segments covering news, politics, sports and lifestyle content and its distribution on over-the-air, mobile, and online platforms.
- Research and story development; pitch story ideas to all the platforms
- Collect, store and organize footage
- Create graphics and implement them in shows
- Work and collaborate with editors on post-production including graphic design and creation
- Integrate Social media interaction into program formats
- Attend weekly editorial meetings and onboard producers to new assignments
- Familiarity with iNews, Premiere Pro and desktop editing
- Assist Executive Producer with administrative tasks
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the job, if not currently employed by Weigel Broadcasting Co.
- At least 2 years experience in content creation and video production
- The ideal candidate is someone that is eager to learn, gets excited about a creative idea, and is ready to take on new challenges
- You should be able to juggle multiple jobs at any time and have impeccable attention to detail
- A sense of humor, outgoing, articulate, well-informed, intelligent, confident and possessing common sense
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure
- Solid working knowledge of newsroom systems, editing systems and satellite operations.
- Shooting video and stills, and editing skills a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance package
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- HSA Plan
- 401k with Company Match
- Vacation/PTO/Sick/Paid Holidays
- Paid Qualified-FMLA Leave
- Tax-free Transit
- Discounted Parking Access
- Gym Membership Discount
- Convenient access to highways and public transportation
- One block from the aptly named Restaurant Row
Candidates can apply here.