23 11. 2021
News Radio Anchor/ Reporter (Part-Time)
Audacy Chicago has an immediate opening for a part-time news reporter/anchor at WBBM.
- Develop story ideas for coverage and collaborate and take direction from the desk
- Gather information, conduct interviews and prepare stories for air
- Operate a range of technical equipment, including audio control boards, analog and digital recording and playback machines
- Study and become an expert on a daily content changes
- Evaluate new situations quickly and decide how best to obtain information while at the same time maintaining a fresh eye for detail
- Anchors and reporters must stay up to date with local, national and international news developments.
- College graduate, preferably with a concentration in broadcast journalism and significant work in history,
- English and political science.
- Five years experience in radio broadcast news preferred.
- Additional experience as a reporter covering a variety of stories is preferred.
- An extensive background in radio news, with strong on-air communication skills.
- Background as a reporter.
- A strong writer.
- Successful anchors demonstrate an ability to think on their feet, ask probing questions, and deal with high-pressure situations with ease and grace.
- Voice quality is very important.
- Curiosity and a natural rapport with people on all income and educational levels are important.
- Must develop story ideas for coverage as well as take directions from the desk.
- Must have the ability to gather information quickly, conduct interviews and prepare stories for air.
- Strong writing skills are essential.
- Must have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to ask tough and insightful questions.
- Fluency with basic computer word processing is required.
- Ability to operate a range of technical equipment, including audio control boards, analog and digital recording and playback machines is required. Familiarity with established news practices and ethical standards is essential.
- Reporter/Anchor must be able to work effectively with managers, producers, editors, writers, technicians and other anchors, while providing leadership during the daypart.
- They must be able to take direction and maintain trust in the support team behind the scenes.
- Outside the station, reporters/anchors are strongly identified with WBBM Newsradio 780 and must always project a professional and polished image, including a strong interest in individuals and the community.
Candidates should apply here.