Digital Content Producer – Talk Shows
NewsNation is looking for a digital content producer.
NewsNation’s talk shows (Banfield, On Balance With Leland Vittert, Dan Abrams Live, and The Donlon Report) make news and set agendas. The digital content producer will be assigned one of these specific talk shows and report on the newsworthy and trending issues that come up during the program. They deliver content that appears on web, app, video platforms and social media that showcases and draws attention to the most important discussions on these shows.
- Collaborate with talk show hosts and their teams to understand the mission of the show and report on its content
- Communicate with other digital content producers to integrate news from the shows into coverage of the day’s news when appropriate
- Craft compelling headlines, digital stories and social media posts that encourage followers engage with the content
- Use data to inform content creation
- Clip segments for publishing across all digital platforms and social media channels
- Utilize SEO best practices
- 3+ years working as a journalist or social media producer in a newsroom
- Familiarity with the operation of a television newsroom a plus
- Strong news judgement and the ability to determine when discussions have national appeal and newsworthiness
- Strong writing skills and experience writing with search engine optimization in mind
- The ability to work efficiently and under deadlines
- Experience working with video platforms: Anvato, BitCentral and Latakoo are a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with content marketing a plus
- Late night shifts may be required
Candidates can apply here.