Head of Sales US
🗺 Company Overview 🗺
No one should make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we connect prospective students to university ambassadors and faculty to empower them with the information they need to make one of life’s first big decisions: where to go to university!
Our SaaS platform provides Higher Education institutions with easy-to-deploy technology for their digital properties (web, mobile) so prospective students can chat with student ambassadors and faculty via one-to-one conversations and live events. We provide analytics and insights to help universities understand their prospective students and provide them with better information, increasing enrollment.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 250 institutions in 20+ countries across 4 continents. We’ve raised over $7M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
Our recent success means that we’re currently scaling rapidly and hiring people that can help us supercharge our growth, while still embodying the values that have gotten us so far already
🧗🏻♀️ Your Mission 🧗🏾♂️
Leveraging our existing traction and customer base, your mission will be to build and execute a sales strategy and team to scale our revenue and customers in the US. You will be responsible for leading, developing and coaching a team of Account Executives and Business Development Representatives tasked with expanding Unibuddy’s University Partnerships across all 50 states. You will develop our US sales model, optimizing the sales processes, managing forecasts and objectives.
From designing playbooks and go-to-market strategies to tactical day-to-day sales leadership you will be a key member of Unibuddy’s leadership team, driving strategic initiatives across the US. Your primary focus will be net new sales of the Unibuddy
platform into Universities ranging from community colleges to top tier global research institutions. You will manage a BDR and AE team and will be responsible for full-life cycle sales from first touch through closure and onboarding, at which point you will hand the new partner across to the Customer Success team.
This is a key role for a “builder” type sales leader who has experience coming into a smaller team and implementing key processes and best practices that will drive results for the existing team and set the tone and structure for new hires.
👩🏻🔧 Your day to day tasks will be to…
- Design and implement the go-to-market strategy for the higher education market across the US.
- Effectively lead and manage a team of BDR/SDR’s as well as a team of Account Executives, both directly and eventually through a level of Manager or Director level leadership.
- Work closely with the leadership team at Unibuddy to identify areas of strategic opportunity in the US and then implement actions that can drive revenue from those opportunities.
- Design, build, and maintain an accurate and effective forecasting methodology with best in class tools and systems.
- Coach and develop Sales Enablement resources for the US team while also collaborating with the UK team to bring over winning practices and implement them in the US.
- Collaborate internally with Tech and Product teams to communicate feedback from Sales and Customers to constantly improve the product.
- Develop an effective pricing strategy that includes considerations of a land-and-expand model.
👨🏽💻 This might be for you if …
- You have at least 6+ years’ experience encompassing:
- Working in a modern Sales environment selling SaaS products with an ACV between $15K and $50K within a high-growth environment
- Managing and leading sales teams of at least 6 people and up to 30
- A proven track record of sales and sales management success
- You have a proven track record of hitting or exceeding quota while building a robust high performance culture around you.
- You have drive, positive energy and relentlessness. We are a fast moving business where you’ll be able to have a real impact on the company’s growth and success. You will have the drive and determination necessary to reach and exceed your goals and overcome any obstacles you encounter.
- You are goal and data oriented. You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, are scientific about measuring progress and can work closely with the executive team for forecasting and planning
- You have excellent communication skills. You’ll have an outstanding ability to communicate, whether that be in person, over the phone or in writing. Our clients often have complex needs and you’ll need to be able to develop a good understanding of how our value proposition and technical solution meets their needs.
- You have outstanding people and management skills, with the ability to teach, inspire and lead teams in a fast paced environment with lots of unknowns.