Job Opportunity: Content Editor
The Chicago Tribune is seeking a content editor to join its audience team. The audience team works to connect the great work the Chicago Tribune has been doing since 1847 with the readers of 2019 — wherever they want to hear from us.
This job includes curating the homepage for our most loyal digital readers, but it also means delivering news and information off-platform by crafting the perfect push notification, tweet, newsletter subject line or Alexa Flash Briefing script. Audience content editors also prepare, edit and sometimes write stories with our audience in mind.
The ideal candidate for the content editor position on the audience team will have:
- Solid news judgement
- A firm understanding of the importance of metrics
- An interest in serving as an advocate for our reader
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to work well under pressure, multitasking and prioritizing in breaking news situations
- A willingness to experiment with new audience engagement tactics that could be right for our newsroom
- An understanding that this job is about responsibly representing the Chicago Tribune and working to fulfil its mission
- An awareness that there’s more than one way to tell a story and the creativity to do so
- A minimum of 5 years of newsroom experience, preferably in a primarily digital role
- Expertise in audience engagement best practices, especially related to social media and SEO
- A strong knowledge of industry trends
- A willingness and ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.